There is nothing more inspirational and uplifting than an Industry/Design Trade Show. The motivation and enthusiasm that is generated by the innovations in design and manufacture has lasting effects on your work practices. But are you attending the right exhibitions? If you are feeling uninspired by attending the same shows year in year out, why not change it up in 2019?
Here is Merenda’s exclusive guide to some of the top design shows taking place in Europe, and beyond, next year.
- Passagen is a7-day event from 14th-20th January 2019 in Cologne, Germany. It is an exhibition event focusing on current trends in design – particularly interior design. This uber-chic event showcases exhibitors from international manufacturers, furniture stores, initiatives, galleries, showrooms, networks, design offices, institutes, and universities. See Info
- Munich Creative Business Week , takes place on the 9th – 17th of March 2019 and is the largest design event held in Germany for designers and contractors. It is undoubtedly one of the main attractions for top international designers, architects, creative people, business and economic sector representatives and all those who embrace new trends in design. See Info
- Milan Design Week will be running from April 9th -14th, 2019 and is the biggest international interior and design extravaganza, as it includes Salone del Mobile furniture fair and Fuorisalone events. “. The ‘Salone del Mobile’ and ‘Fuorisalone’ define Milan’s Design Week, premiering the latest trends for the forthcoming year. During Milan Design Week, many important brands located in the design districts introduce their new collections. Fuorisalone” is the most important event in the world related to the topic of design. The term ‘Fuorisalone’ is used to define the events and exhibitions that animate the entire city of Milan during the weeklong “Salone del Mobile”.
- Stockholm Design Week takes place on February 4th-10th 2019 andis not surprisingly, given its location, the world’s largest event for Scandinavian Design. The main exhibition is Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair which attracts around 40 000 visitors and 700 exhibitors from all around the world. The entire city of Stockholm gets involved. During the course of the Week the city is filled with high-profile design events, showrooms and exhibitions. See Info
- Feria Habitat, Valencia is a design trade show which integrates all elements of home décor and interior design; furniture, lighting, decoration, home textiles and kitchens. Furniture and lighting manufacturers present their new products and developments, to an International and home audience. It is running from 17th-20th September 2019 and will house 450 exhibitors.See Info
- Munich Creative Business Week, takes place on the 9-17th March 2019.and is one of the largest design events held in Germany for anyone who has a passion for great design but also attracts designers and contractors. It has become one of the main attractions for top international designers, architects, creative people and for business and economic sector representatives. See Info
- Taking place in Kuala lumper the MIFF Malaysian International Furniture Fair gathers over 500 international and Malaysian exhibitors to show off their latest collections and designs for bedrooms, living areas, kitchens, bathrooms, children, office, commercial foyers, hotel lounges and outdoor living. This is the top furniture fair in South East Asia and has been inspiring visitors for over 25 years.
- The Workspace Expo will be held at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Paris starting on 16th April 2019. It is a 3-day event organised by Weyou Group. It has established itself as the premier choice in French design for industry professionals with an eye to great furniture solutions for workspaces. See Info
- The International Home and Homewares Show, Chicago 2019 will be held at McCormick Place, Chicagostarting on the 2nd March. It is a 4-day event of unique design exhibitors and as they website boasts, the show is “where art intersects with engineering, where technology informs style and where exhibitors display innovation… buyers discover trends & the industry connects to do business.” It’s one of America’s most inspirational interior/home design tradeshows.
- If your budget won’t stretch to travelling outside the UK and Ireland, a good option is the Surface Design Show, London which takes place on the 5th-7th February 2019. This is the place to discover the latest surface materials innovations and trends for the industry,, whether it’s PVC Edgebanding or real wood veneer edging strips you are interested in. It presents a unique opportunity to gain new insights and network with designers and specifiers. Over 175 UK and international suppliers will showcase their materials, from oak veneer, to dyed veneer, to iron on melamine and much, much more! See Info