What is LaserEdge?
LaserEdge is an edgeband with a pre-applied functional layer that replaces the traditional glue used to apply edgeband, allowing for a much superior and seamless joint between the edgeband and the board. It can be used with all zero-joint edgebanding technologies including hot-air, laser, plasma and NIR.
Merenda have over 300+ matches available to order, and the ability to find a match to your requirements.
- Technology Age:10 years
- Zero-Joint Technology: No glue, prevents dirt & bacteria
- Materials: ABS, PP, PMMA (patented polymer functional layer)
- Machines: Laser, Hot Air, Plasma, NIR
- Colours: 500+ matches available to order, custom colour matches for individual boards
- Enhancing leading industry trends (high gloss and textured panels) with no framing effect
- No glue joint to collect dirt, chip away or yellow over time
- Creates a stunning high-end look using the latest technology
- Allows for a monalithic panel at a much lower price than solid or painted.
- Creates a bond equal to or greater than PUR (no delamination)
- Extremely heat and moisture resistant bond
- ABS and PP (advanced green polymers) are the most common materials used
- Higher quality inputs allow customers to promote a higher end finished product at a premium
- No hotmelt adhesive to purchase and no down-line cleaning of excess adhesive from finished panels
- Increased edgeband costs are easily offset by the upscale finished product to the market